A little better...snow...sleep...some shopping

Well, yesterday it snowed. I got in my car to go to work and wound up driving to my own driveway. I drove to the main street, took my turn, didn't like what I saw, and drove around the block and back to the house. Worked from home and got more done than everyone else who drove there and left early. Made a light dinner, sneezed, coughed, had a great conversation with my sister-in-law Tracy who I absolutely adore and love like she's my own blood. Crawled into bed and slept for 9 uninterrupted hours and looking forward to 9 more tonight.
Got some exercise in there today too. Shoveling 9" of snow and cleaning off two cars will do that. Now there are snots on the shovel and my sleeves and probably the snow now. Am breathing a little easier, though. I DO wish my ears would stop being all blocked up and ringing. I never did shower today. Will do so just before I hop in between the sheets though.
What else happened? Back to the really good talk with my sister-in-law last night. I was gonna go to Pittsfield to see my family (3 hours west) but really just wanted to stay home and snuggle in. Randy's gone to see his folks in SC (haha, he has to wear a tux tonight at an event his mother is hosting!) and I have the house to myself for the first time in a long time on the weekend. And I'm all worn out from this stupid not-wellness thing. Anyway I probably had a better visit with Tracy on the phone than we've had in a long long time in person, it was really nice. And once Darryl and the kids came home I got to talk to them too. They'd just come back from snowtubing which sounded like a blast. But it gave me an uninterrupted hour with Tracy on the phone, which was great!
Let's see, what else? I watched What Not to Wear last night. One of my favorite shows. They had a 39 yr old woman on (same age as me) who dressed like me and her friends all said she looked "butch, not very feminine, and not very professional." Oh my, that show can inspire me to move the economy along. So, after I shoveled, I was tired of winter and wanted to get out for an hour or two, so I went to TJ Maxx to return some mistakes and get some hopefully not-mistakes.
In my place of work, at least in our little section of the building, all the women including me all dress in sporty GarAnimals or sweatshirts with our company logo on them that oftentimes match the running shoes we design and sell. Plus, we can wear jeans which we all do far too often.
Well, spring is coming, it's in the stores already. I got a couple nice outfits for work that are hopefully a little more colorful and feminine than the v-neck tees and bulky boring sweaters I have, that I try to dress up with nice blazers but mostly fail. I'm sure my new threads will look really nice in the closet after I wear them a few times, LOL! But seriously, I found pants that aren't jeans but aren't too dressy, that fit really nice, and a really cute blazer in a white, black, yellow, and blue print, which looks absolutely fabulous with a bright yellow tee or a muted blue shiny blouse underneath. All for very small dollars; I can't beat the entertainment value and longevity of purchase for small time and effort vs dollars spent.
All worthwhile, and I was feeling good-in attitude at least; my promotion at work finally came through last week. I got a really nice raise, kicked a bunch more dollars into my 401K in my efforts to not have to work as a greeter at Walmart when I'm 73 (unless I want to), and even though there are, shall we say, challenges at work, at least I have a good starting point for if I do decide to finally find alternative employment.
After TJ's, I came home mid-afternoon, researched our South America trip a little more for pricing options (fun! and it all costs close to the same whether you package it up or run on your own, by the way), ran some laundry, and fed and pet the kitties. One of which licked ketchup off my plate and had a nasty encounter with the litter box shortly after. Poor thing.
That's my exciting weekend. Hope you're having a good one!

Comments

Kimberly said…
I'm a big believer in retail therapy. I hope you're feeling better.

And congrats on the promotion/raise!

Popular posts from this blog

Hawaii!!

Never a dull moment!

Shall I begin again?