Carolyn is home!

My friend Carolyn is home from her time in Iraq. Heard from her husband earlier this week that she was back at Ft Benning, GA, safe and sound. We all went to dinner tonight in Boston; she was fresh off the plane. It was great to see her, and interesting to hear the stories.
She's medical staff, so the tours of duty are relatively short (90 days). But I'm happy to have her home safe and sound, and I'm proud of her for her experiences and her service. I can't imagine what it's like for the ones that serve for a year at a time and keep going back, and for their families and friends.
I've always been against the war in Iraq, especially how it came about and it's management since, but there is no doubt in my mind that the people that serve deserve appreciation for their bravery and sacrifice.

Comments

HAR said…
I agree 100%! Welcome home Carolyn and please know we are all proud of people like you. People willing to risk your life for others.
Calamity Jen said…
I echo those sentiments.
Kimberly said…
Ditto.

I'm so glad she's home safe and sound.
Anonymous said…
Hooray Carolyn. Welcome home.
HAR said…
Ryssee. I need your commen sense over at my place.
Unknown said…
That's so sweet. Thanks for all the nice words and support. I'm happy to do my part and it was a great experience. Thanks Laryssa and Randy for meeting Andy and me for dinner and for listening to my stories. There is so much to relate and never enough time.

Popular posts from this blog

Hawaii!!

Never a dull moment!

Shall I begin again?