Deval Patrick's Inaugural Party

Randy and I went to Deval Patrick's Inaugural Gala at the new Expo Center in South Boston Thursday night. I got the tickets free from work. I thought it would be really cool to be part of this historical event. Plus if I could squeeze into my favorite dress I'd be really happy (and I did!). I thought we might get to at least take a picture of the man and maybe even shake his hand, or see a local celeb like Ben Affleck or Matt Damon or Natalie from Channel 5. However, we attended with 10,998 other guests and over 30 bands. The 20 minute wait to drop off my coat was a sign of what was yet to come....LONG lines for food and drink and people everywhere. We had crackers and cheese for dinner. I washed mine down with a $5.75 vodka tonic shot.

We missed getting into the main ballroom which only held 4000 guests by about 5 minutes. I knew it was time to go when Randy yelled "FREE BIRD!" at an R&B band that decided to play Jimmy Buffett cover tunes. Went home, took off the nice clothes and made eggs for the rest of our dinner.

My "payback" was to have a poker night at our house the next night. THAT was fun. Six of Randy's friends came over and played for each other's money. A good time was had by all, and it lasted for more than 1 hour, and I didn't have to wear pantyhose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawaii!!

Telecommuting, and vacation plans

Never a dull moment!